Hi, I'm Jupiter
Labrador Retriever | Baby | Male | Large
Hi, I’m Jupiter –
I am everything you want in a lab puppy! I am friendly, active and smart!
I love to play, but my foster brother is an old fuddy-duddy and won’t wrestle with me, so I’m hoping for a forever family with another young dog I can romp with. My foster dad says I’m rambunctious and could probably knock a little kid over without meaning to. I like chasing sticks and chewing on my toys. Sometimes, I chew on other things, since I am a puppy, but I stop if I’m offered a treat in trade.
Speaking of treats, I really like them, and will do almost anything for them! Which is good, because as a youngster I am still learning what is expected of me and will need to be taught those things. For basic training, I already know ‘sit,’ and am working on ‘down.’ I’m learning manners, like ‘leave it’ and ‘drop it’ and ‘take gently.’ I’m also learning words, like ‘No!’
I like to curl up near my foster mom when she’s on the computer or cooking dinner. My foster brother and I sleep outside the bedroom and wake up to ask to go outside before breakfast.
I like going for car rides, especially to the dog park (my foster mom caught me on video!) or adoption shows… so come meet me!
- Age and weight: I'm 10 months old and weigh 60 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 7
- Good with dogs: Yes, if they're young and energetic like me.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: A townhouse or house would be perfect, as long as there's room for play.
- House trained: Pretty much, though I do have an occasional accident.
- Crate trained: If needed, but I'm not a fan
- Barks when left alone: Yes, if crated
- Chews inappropriate items: I’m a puppy, so I need lots of toys to chew on. I chew a lot!
- Training: I already know how to sit for treats, but I'm looking forward to training classes.
- Activity level: Active and would love a doggy playmate and/or kids!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
To find out if Jupiter is attending the next adoption show, click on "adoption show attendees" under the "adopt" menu. Generally the list of attendees is posted the Friday before the show.