Hi, I'm Gugi. I’m adopted!
Manchester Terrier | Young | Male | Small
Hello! My name is Gugi, but my foster mom calls me Gugi Gumdrops because of how small and sweet I am. I am very loving and will always be by your side, on your lap, or under your covers for cuddles. I am very quiet, in fact, I barely bark at all and when I do, it’s pretty soft.
I love walks and if you want to run, I stay focused on keeping up right next to you! I love to play with my toys and my foster siblings. I am always cuddling and gnawing on bones. I do like to nibble a bit and hide my foster mom’s slippers under the dining room table, but we are all working on that. I am in what my foster parents call the ‘paper stage’ where I like to chew up paper, but I should be over it soon.
You probably notice that my hip is shaved. That’s because I had to have part of the bone removed in my back left leg. While I can finally use this leg, it still takes a bit of love and attention. I will need your help stretching and strengthening my leg so I can use all four!
If you want unconditional love and affection and are willing to help my leg heal a bit, I will be your best friend forever.
- Age and weight: I weigh about 12 pounds and am 2 years old.
- Good with kids: Not sure.
- Good with dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I would be alright in an apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: I only chew on inappropriate things when I'm bored or lonely.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: Moderate
- Special needs: I need special care.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Gugi. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.