Feel the Love. Foster an Animal.
Save a life! Taking a dog or cat temporarily into your home means it won’t be euthanized at the shelter. For more than 25 years, we’ve been giving great pets a second chance. You can help by being a foster.
How Can I Help?
- You provide a safe, loving environment, regular feeding and fresh water.
- You evaluate your foster animal’s behavior and attitude in your home, and keep an eye out for problems, especially aggression.
- You work on basic training, such as housebreaking, manners, and socialization.
- You take your foster to medical appointments and two adoption shows each month.
- You meet potential adopters and follow up on applications.
What Does the PGSPCA Provide?
- We help you select a foster animal that works for your home and lifestyle.
- We screen and temperament-test for appropriate traits, behavior, and overall adoptability.
- We provide veterinary care and can provide food, leashes, and collars when possible.
- We have a strong support group of trainers, handlers, veterinarians, specialists, and other volunteers to guide you.
Fill out the foster application and one of the
foster coordinators will be in touch with specific details on the
program and how it works. Or if you have general questions about
fostering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.