Hi, I'm Gabriel. I’m adopted!
Shih Tzu | Young | Male | Small
Gabriel was adopted December 2016!
Gabriel was found wandering the streets and he was in awful shape. Starving and so skinny, dehydrated and looking ragged, he came in with a bad degloving injury and a broken foot. Caring veterinarians carefully patched him up, but he actually died on the operating table and had to be resuscitated.
Since the surgery, Gabriel’s been recovering well and enjoying the comforts of his foster home. Now that he has put on weight and got a haircut, he looks so much better! He’s been on restricted activity, but now that his foot is almost all healed, he loves short walks and is getting more active.
Gabriel is crate trained and working on house training too. He is affectionate and playful, comes when called, and loves to hang out with his people! He will do well with other dogs and maybe a patient cat (he really likes chasing the cats in his foster home), but no small kids. All he wants for Christmas is a home of his own. Maybe you have room?
- Age and weight: I'm about 2 years old and weigh 12 pounds
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: No
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or an apartment.
- House trained: Working on it
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I’m looking forward to taking a training class!
- Activity level: Moderate
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Gabriel is expecting to attend the next adoption show, December 17th at the Annapolis PetCo, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.