Hi, I'm Fiona. I’m adopted!
Beagle Terrier | Young | Female | Medium
Fiona is a confident, friendly young dog who has settled into her foster home in record speed! She’s very cute, with a glossy, very short black coat, brindle on her legs and sides of her face, and white on her chest and on the tips of her toes and in a tiny stripe in the middle of her face. One of a kind, that’s Fiona!
She’s about a year old and has the energy you’d expect from a puppy. Fiona requires a home that can satisfy her exercise needs, including a securely fenced yard where you can play with her and allow her to run. She has met a dozen dogs to date and gets along well with everyone, although she’d be best matched with an active dog who likes to play.
Fiona sleeps soundly overnight in an open crate near her foster mom and is happy to get about 8 hours of shut-eye. Her house-training has been faultless to date.
Since Fiona is young and anxious when her foster mom leaves the home, she is crated for her own safety but seems to settle down with a food-stuffed Kong to occupy her. Fiona LOVES food and has an appetite that belies her size!
Fiona has starred as a Bowie Baysox Diamond Dog and thoroughly enjoyed the adventure, including lots of petting and cuddling from adoring children and other baseball fans.
Fiona doesn’t bark much but seems to have a unique doggy vocabulary when she gets very excited and “speaks.”
Although Fiona is generally well-behaved, she would benefit from training in leash-walking and basic commands.
If you think your home is a great forever-match with Fiona, she’d love to meet you!
- Age: approximately 1 yr. old as of May, 2018
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 5
- Good with dogs: Yes, and I'd love a playful companion
- Good with cats: Unknown, but I'm young and trainable
- Fenced yard: Ideally. I need room to run!
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: Only if you have a place nearby for me to run.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes but only for 3-4 hours. I do not like to be crated.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: Yes, but can be redirected.
- Training: Working on stay, come, leave it, off and walking on leash.
- Activity level: Active and would love a doggy playmate and/or kids!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Fiona is NOT expecting to attend Saturday's adoption, May 19th at the Annapolis PetCo. The show has been canceled.