Hi, I'm Davey. I’m pending!
Labrador Retriever Shar-Pei | Young | Male | Medium
Davey has made a big impression in his foster home with his growing confidence and sweet and gentle personality. Shy at first, every kind thing you do for Davey will win his trust and you will see him bond with you more every day.
He is very intelligent, and is constantly reading your facial expressions and body language. His desire to learn and please is very high and he responds well to gentle correction, redirection and training. He loves chewing on tough, rubbery toys and ropes. He will occasionally pick up a shoe or a rubber mat but readily lets go.
Davey loves to play chase and wrestle with other dogs and has a large group of doggy playmates, big and small. Here is a Video of him playing with his fosterer’s dog. He adapts to other dogs’ playstyles and is a favorite with puppies for his energy, patience and gentleness. Davey loves to play in the fenced yard and is the ideal dog for an outdoorsy owner who wants an active companion.
- Age and weight: I'm 1 1/2 years old and weigh 40 pounds
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 12 years old.
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I do bark when left alone. I get lonely!
- Chews inappropriate items: Yes, but can be redirected.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Davey IS expecting to attend the next adoption show, June 10th at the Calverton PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.