Hi, I'm Cooper. I’m adopted!
Poodle | Adult | Male | Small
Cooper is a sweet, fun-loving poodle, who is seven years young. He does not have sight in his right eye and has limited (far-sighted) vision in his left eye. Cooper may need some follow-up veterinary care related to his eyes, and will need daily eye drops. Cooper is very good at using his nose and ears to help make his way around and sometimes he will walk close behind you to make sure he keeps up. He loves walks and playing with teddy bears and squeaky toys! He’s also a great cuddler and will come snuggle right in your lap even if he has just met you. He’s sensitive and attentive and provides great companionship. Cooper seems quite smart and able to learn new commands.
- Age and weight: I'm 7 years old, and weigh 20 pounds
- Good with kids: I don’t know if I’m good with kids yet.
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I would be alright in an apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I'm not crate trained, and I don't need one
- Barks when left alone: I don't bark too much when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
- Special needs: I need daily eye drops.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Cooper is expecting to attend the next adoption show, January 30th **NOTE THE DATE CHANGE** at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.