Hi, I'm Cody. I’m adopted!
German Shepherd Dog Husky | Adult | Male | Large
Cody was adopted March 2017!
Hello! My name is Cody and I am a super-sweetie! I was a stray, so I don’t have much of a history to tell. I am laid back while in the house, but do enjoy walking and playing and taking a jog with my foster mom. (She jogs slowly, but I stay right with her without pulling at all!). I am fantastic with my foster kids (aged 7 and 9) and my foster brother, a little silky terrier, and all other dogs I meet. Did I mention I am just a happy-go-lucky fella?
I am a wonderful leash walker and my foster girl calls me a ‘proud puppy’ due to the bounce and swagger in my strut!
I am new to training, but I am very smart, so I’m picking things up very quickly, both with obedience and house training.
I am full of love and trust and am ready to meet my forever family.
- Age and weight: I'm 5 years old and weigh 48 pounds
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: OK for townhouse, not apartment
- House trained: Working on it
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Cody is not planning to be at the next adoption show, March 18, at the Annapolis PetCo, although there is always a chance that plans will need to be changed at the last minute.