Hi, I'm Lacie
Labrador Retriever Greyhound | Young | Female | Large
Lacie is a well-rounded, happy girl, and her entire body wiggles with joy when you love on her! She’s not clingy although she loves to be where you are, content to have you within her sight. Lacie’s a quiet dog unless she’s expressing her frustration at not being with you.
She adores going on walks, and she’s working on sitting calmly to have her harness put on (see wiggles, above!). Once out the door, she’s interested in everything. She quickly becomes everyone’s best friend. She gets along well with dogs at doggy daycare. In fact, she’d love a live-in playmate to keep her company when her people are away.
Lacie is making great progress with loving and patient training at her foster home to learn important commands like come, stay, off and leave it. Lacie is gentle enough to be a great companion for children.
Just as she comes, though, Lacie is already a lovable girl who is a pleasure to have around!
- Age and weight: I'm 2 years old and weigh 60 pounds
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 8.
- Good with dogs: Yes, and I'd love a playful companion
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I already know how to sit for treats, but I'm looking forward to training classes.
- Activity level: Moderate
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Lacie is not expecting to attend the next adoption show, July 14th at the Calverton PetSmart, although there is always the possibility that plans may need to change at the last minute.