Hi, I'm Chewey. I’m adopted!
Shih Tzu | Baby | Male | Small
Hello, my name is Chewey and I enjoy affection and playing with small tennis balls. I’m new to foster and am working on both house training and crate training. I currently prefer to be around people more than alone. I live with three other small dogs and get along well with them.
I have had experience around a pre-teen and teenagers and have done well with them and visiting dogs. I enjoy watching TV with my foster mom and running around outside.
I am ready for my forever home!
- Age and weight: I'm somewhere between 9 and 12 months old, and I weigh 5 pounds.
- Age: 9-12 months
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids.
- Good with dogs: I'm good with dogs, but I get nervous around big dogs
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I would make a good apartment pet.
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I'm working on this crate training thing
- Barks when left alone: I'll whine when you leave, but then I'll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I generally don't chew on inappropriate items, except for the occasional sock
- Training: I’m still a puppy, so I have a lot to learn.
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Chewey is not expecting to attend the next adoption show, January 9, at the Calverton PetSmart.