Hi, I'm Bear. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever Black-Mouth Cur | Adult | Male | Large
Bear is a man of mystery. He doesn’t say much about his past, but his eyes are gentle and wise, suggesting that after time as a stray, he has learned the value of a gentle pat and a soft bed.
He enjoys playing with other dogs and chasing a toy across the room. He likes being outside and sitting by the window to look out. He does not like peanut butter, but quickly learns commands when offered cheese.
Bear is a very polite dog, content to wait by your side for attention, until he finally puts his head in your lap and pushes your hand off the computer keyboard or away from your phone. (He knows a scratch is better than a text!)
He’s an incredibly sweet dog who wants a new family to love.
- Age: I'm 6 years old and weigh about 68 pounds
- Good with kids: Probably, but I haven't met any yet.
- Good with dogs: Yes
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: No
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: Loves lifelong learning! Currently learning “sit” and “stay” and looks forward to learning many more tricks and commands with forever family!
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.